My daughter of 7 years was diagnosed with having a horseshoe kidney at the age of 8 months with numerous side-effects. High blood pressure being one of them. Her case was very unique because of two obstructions in the kidney tube which prevented the urine to flow normally. Unfortunately this damaged her one kidney by 75 percent and the other one by 25 percent. Her case was so unique that a University wanted to operate on her infront of medical students for educational purposes in exchange not paying for it. We rather wanted to pay.

I did a lot of self study on the internet and books etc to see what I can do to help my child.

Thank God they could help her on the 5th surgery by taking one of the kidney tubes and extend it to another part of the kidney. She no longer had high blood pressure but the damage was done.

I joined a social media group for people with similar conditions as hers and came to find a whole lot from all around the world. It seems that every person’s symptoms were unique in some or other way. I no longer felt alone.

Firstly I would like to discuss dietery reccomendations for people with this defect:

♡ Substitute normal salt with Himalayan salt
♡ Eat lots of bananas and raisins
♡ Drink atleast 2 litres water a day
♡ Check every medicine box before using it. Lots of them indicate that people with kidney damage may not use it
♡ Cut out any cooldrink which contains gases.

NOW the possible symptoms which accompany this birth defect:

High bloodpressure
Abdominal pain
Kidney stones
Urinary tract infections
Mild rash on stomach
No appetite

My daughter did not want to eat because of the medicine that she had taken at that stage.  The Captopril sometimes takes away your appetite. She was also on Purbloka.

ONE last tip… people with kidney problems should not use a vibrating foot massager or a machine that shakes the body vigorously.

I hope my tips have been helpful. Please comment if you want more detailed information.